UAV test and business campus in the center of Europe
DronePort has the ambition to become one of Europe’s leading UAV test & business centers. Situated in the heart of Europe, DronePort is the perfect place to establish your UAV business and benefit from the extensive testing possibilities and ecosystem of research, startups and corporate companies in this exciting new market.
In 2013 first plans were made by the City of Sint-Truiden, Limburg Regional Airport and the Limburgse Reconversie Maatschappij (LRM) to revive the decommissioned military airfield of Brustem – Sint-Truiden beyond its former glory and launch it into the 21st century of aviation. With the support of the Flemish Government a project was started to establish a UAV test and business site.
DronePort is setting up a unique ecosystem, infrastructure and services to facilitate research, innovation an entrepreneurship in the aerospace and UAV market:
DronePort Incubator is the home for startups, organizations and research teams developing, producing or servicing this new market. Our incubator is part of a network of incubators, top research organizations and universities in the area and provides the ideal basis for innovation and entrepreneurship in this sector. The incubator offers flexible access to office space, workshops, seminar and conference rooms and off course our test sites ideal to kick-start your UAV business.
The DronePort Industry park of 13 ha is the perfect place to establish your company, representation office, etc. and connect to an ecosystem of innovative startups and
companies. From the industry park it is also possible to access to the different testing areas and immediate access to runway and hangars.
Our DronePort UAV Test site guarantees segregated airspace giving you the opportunity to test and demonstrate new applications to customers and provide training. The site offers different testing areas:
- Indoor area of 80m x 40m x 7m
- 2 outdoor area for local operations of 350m length x 150m width x 200m height
- Large outdoor area of 12km x 7km x 600m to test fixed wing, extended VLOS or BLOS operations.
- Specialized agriculture testing grounds in collaboration with PCFruit, an applied research organization specializing on agriculture and fruit.
The testgrounds are managed by Limburg Regional Airport in close collaboration with the Belgian CAA to guarantee safe operations.
Why establish your UAV business @ DronePort?
- Easy access from major cities and Airports in Europe (40 min. from Brussels)
- Connection with top research institutions and universities in the proximity
- Segregated airspace dedicated to UAV testing
- Multi-copter test sites for application and sensor testing, …
- specialized agricultural test site with access to ground data, satellite data for sensor verification and a community of agriculture experts and customers.
- Business incubator where you can kick-start their company or representation office in a very flexible way.
- Opportunity to rent/lease office space
- Possibility to buy, lease, … industry ground positions in our business park to build your own production, research, testing, facilities
- Access to industry partnerships
- Demonstration area for your prospects in Western Europe
- Become part of a vibrant ecosystem
Kempische Steenweg 311, bus 4.01
Mob.: +32 (0)494 50 66 60